The Technics SL1200-family is colored in Silver.
The Technics SL1210-family is colored in Black.
- Dimensions MK1: 45.3 cm (w) x 36.6 cm (d) x 18 cm (h)
- Dimensions MK2: 45.3 cm (w) x 36 cm (d) x 16.2 cm (h)
- Weight: 11 kg (net, unboxed without lid)
- Voltage: 220 V / 110 V (selectable)
- Pitch Control: +/- 8%
- Starting Time (MK2): 0.7s
- Rotation Speeds: 33-1/3 & 45 rpm
Starting with the base Technics SL-1200MK2 (there was a SL-1200, but for DJ purposes, the MK2 is the unofficial start), here are subsequent popular models and their variations:
- SL-1200MK2(silver) / SL-1210MK2 (black)
- SL-1200M3D (silver) / SL-1200M3D (black) - subtracted dust cover hinges, added non-clicking pitch control (no click when you set pitch control to 0), added pitch control reset button (overrides pitch control to go to 0), redesigned sunken power on/off (to prevent accidental power off), added shadow-design slimpmat
- SL-1200MK5 / SL-1210MK5 - added additional adjustment controls to tonearm, re-designed LED target light.
- SL-1210M5G - added glossy speckled black finish, increased pitch control range to +/-16% (vs.8%), switched to digital pitch control, changed to blue lights, improved tonearm